WHERE YOU CAN FIND US THIS SEASON:
FARM SHARE PROGRAM
Please note - we are full for the 2015 season!
Our farm share program serves Bowdoinham, Portland (peninsula), and South Portland (Willard Square)
A Farm Share Program, also known as Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) is a relationship between our farm and you as our customer. Rather than simply purchasing food, our customers become members of the farm and receive a portion of the farm’s harvest.
Farm shares are a win for the consumer and the farm:
- You get the freshest possible food, with outstanding flavor and nutrient content, and food that will store longer.
- Payments in advance of the growing season reduce the burden of up-front costs for the farmer when purchasing seeds and supplies for the season.
- We get the opportunity to get to know the people who eat the food we grow; likewise, you get to know your farmers.
- Finding customers early in the season helps alleviate some of the marketing tasks that can take time away from crucial fieldwork in the middle of summer.
Details about our summer 2015 farm share program:
All of our shares focus on the the staples - the vegetables you want in the kitchen all the time. We want our farm share program to give you the fresh ingredients you want to use often - and that shouldn't require complicated recipes to cook. We think that the occasional need for an unusual vegetable is best served by a trip to the farmers market. Lettuce, spinach, and carrots are often in the shares, and of course summer favorites of tomatoes, peppers, and cucumbers (see the sidebar for the full list of what we grow).
We offer two share sizes to cater to individuals and families. Our Individual share costs $340 for 20 weeks (that's $17/week). Or choose the large share for $550 ($27.50/week). Shares run from the beginning of June through October. You can see exactly what was in last season's shares here.
Convenient pickups and home/office delivery options
- Pickup in Bowdoinham at the Long Branch School.
- Pickup in the Willard Square neighborhood of South Portland at Scratch Baking Co.
- Portland - we offer an office/home delivery service, where your share arrives in the afternoon ready for you to take home at the end of your workday, or waiting for you at your home. Available if you live or work in the peninsula neighborhoods of Portland. There is a $1/week delivery charge for this option (charge is waived if 4 or more shares are going to one address).
Feel free to contact us if you would like more information about our pick-up and delivery options.
We combined our home and office delivery day this year to allow us less time on the road and more time growing your veggies! Thanks for understanding!
Share add-ons - cut flowers & cheese
This season we are partnering with East of Eden Flower Farm to offer seasonal bouquets as a optional add on to your share. $75 for 5 weeks - $180 for 15 weeks of flowers.
We will continue to offer the popular cheese share option from Winter Hill Farm; $135 for 20 weeks for a broad selection of great cheeses over the course of the season.
Pasture-raised eggs continue to remain a future plan for the farm but they are not available as a CSA option yet.
Want more details or ready to sign up?
The full details about the program with pickup/delivery days and times, and easy online sign-up can be found at leftfieldfarm.csasignup.com/members. We accept credit cards or check, and you can pay in two installments if you prefer.
What comes out of Left Field:
Organic vegetables & fruit: arugula, basil, beets, beans, broccoli, cabbage, carrots, cauliflower, collard greens, cucumbers, kale, garlic, leeks, lettuce, onions, summer squash, potatoes, sweet peppers, specialty peppers, heirloom tomatoes, red tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, radishes, spinach, strawberries, sweet potatoes, winter squash
Organic herbs & flowers
Pasture raised eggs & chickens: will be offered in coming seasons
Get farm updates delivered to your inbox: sign up for our newsletter