Our CSA Farm Share Program Serves Bowdoinham, Portland, and South Portland. Signups for 2018 are now open!
About CSA Farm Shares
A Farm Share Program, also known as Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) is a relationship between our farm and you as our customer. Rather than simply purchasing food, our customers become members of the farm and receive a portion of the farm’s harvest.
Farm shares are a win for the consumer and the farm
- You get the freshest possible food, with outstanding flavor and nutrient content, and food that will store longer.
- Payments in advance of the growing season reduce the burden of up-front costs for the farmer when purchasing seeds and supplies for the season.
- We get the opportunity to get to know the people who eat the food we grow; likewise, you get to know your farmers.
- Finding customers early in the season helps alleviate some of the marketing tasks that can take time away from crucial fieldwork in the middle of summer.
Fresh and Convenient
Our shares focus on staple vegetables - the ingredients you want to use often and don't require a complicated recipe to cook. Lettuce, spinach, carrots are often in the shares, and of course summer favorites of tomatoes, peppers, and cucumbers. We pick everything that goes into the shares the same day or day prior to delivery, meaning you get the freshest - which also means tastiest and healthiest - produce you can get.
We aim to make our pickup and delivery options convenient for a busy life, and our online membership platform makes signing up and maintaining your account easy.
We also offer a short winter season share, providing some fresh greens, root crops, and storage crops to coast you smoothly from fall into the snowy snowy winter.
Check out the photo gallery to see pictures of a full season of farm shares.
2018 Program Details
- Two share sizes to cater to both individuals and families. Bi-weekly shares are also an option.
- Summer program runs for 20 weeks, from the first week of June through mid October.
- Winter program runs 8 weeks (4 pickups), every other week from the end of October to mid December.
Pricing & Options
- Individual Share - $17.25/week
- Large Share - $27.75/week
- Winter Share - $41.25/week (signups open in September for winter shares)
- Seasonal Flower Bouquets from East of Eden Flower Farm - starting at $15/week
- Local Cheese from Winter Hill Farm - $7/week
- Organic Eggs from Apple Creek Farm - $3/half-dozen (limited in 2018)
- Letterpress Art Share - $6.50/week (will return in 2019)
Pickup & Delivery Options
- Bowdoinham - downtown, Tuesdays 3-7
- South Portland - Willard Square, Tuesdays 3-7
- Portland Home Delivery - Shares delivered to your doorstep. $2/week delivery charge for this option. Thursdays 2-5
- Portland Office Delivery - Shares delivered in the afternoon for you to take home at the end of the workday. Tuesdays or Thursdays
- IDEXX Labs in Westbrook (available to IDEXX employees only). Tuesdays
Have 4+ people wanting delivery to the same location? Contact us so we can add the site as an option when you sign up and waive the delivery fee.
Ready to sign up?
Easy online signup can be found at https://csa.farmigo.com/join/leftfieldfarm/summer2018. We accept credit cards or check, and you can pay in installments if you prefer.
Looking for more info, including a further descriptions of the share? Check out the CSA farm share FAQ and all your questions will be answered.
What We Grow
Organic vegetables & fruit
arugula, beets, beans, broccoli, cabbage, carrots, cauliflower, collard greens, cucumbers, kale, garlic, leeks, lettuce, onions, salad mix, summer squash, potatoes, sweet peppers, specialty peppers, heirloom and slicing tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, radishes, spinach, strawberries, sweet potatoes, winter squash
basil, dill, chives, cilantro, parsley
Find our seedlings in the spring at the Portland Food Coop & Morning Glory Natural Foods.