WHERE YOU CAN FIND US THIS SEASON:
During the winter you can find our produce at Morning Glory Natural Foods and Local in Brunswick, and at the new Portland Food Coop.
Come visit us during the summer at the South Portland Farmers Market (Sundays 10-2) and at our pop-up farm stand at Scratch Baking Co. (Tuesday afternoons).
FARM SHARE PROGRAM
Our farm share program serves Bowdoinham, Brunswick, Portland (peninsula), and South Portland (Willard Square)
A Farm Share Program, also known as Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) is a relationship between our farm and you as our customer. Rather than simply purchasing food, our customers become members of the farm and receive a portion of the farm’s harvest.
Farm shares are a win for the consumer and the farm:
- You get the freshest possible food, with outstanding flavor and nutrient content, and food that will store longer.
- Payments in advance of the growing season reduce the burden of up-front costs for the farmer when purchasing seeds and supplies for the season.
- We get the opportunity to get to know the people who eat the food we grow; likewise, you get to know your farmers.
- Finding customers early in the season helps alleviate some of the marketing tasks that can take time away from crucial fieldwork in the middle of summer.
Details about our summer 2015 farm share program:
Our shares are designed around an individual person. This means slightly smaller amounts of each item than what is often seen with CSAs. We don't want to overload our members with produce - we want to provide them with what they'll use. With this in mind we also focus on the crops that are familiar and accessible to most everyone.
This means our shares are affordable. $17 / week for a basic share ($16.50 by signing up early). We also offer a larger share option.
Lastly we offer convenience - easy signup and management of your membership through an online signup process; and pickups and delivery options that make getting your produce easy.
Where are the pickups?
- Bowdoinham at the Long Branch School.
- Willard Square neighborhood of South Portland at Scratch Baking Co.
- Portland - we offer an office/home delivery service, where your share arrives in the afternoon ready for you to take home at the end of your workday, or waiting for you at your home. Available if you live or work in the peninsula neighborhoods of Portland. There is a $1/week delivery charge for this option (charge is waived if 4 or more shares are going to one address).
- Brunswick - We also offer the office/home delivery service to Brunswick, available to addresses on or along Maine St. (same details as above)
Feel free to contact us if you would like more information about our pick-up and delivery options.
We combined our home and office delivery options this year to allow us less time on the road and more time growing your veggies! Thanks for understanding!
OUR MEMBERSHIP OPTIONS -
Farm Share Veggies:
All shares focus on the the staples - the vegetables you want in the kitchen all the time. We want our farm share program to give you the fresh ingredients you want to use often - and that shouldn't require complicated recipes to cook. We think that the occasional need for an unusual vegetable is best served by a trip to the farmers market. Lettuce, spinach, and carrots are often in the shares, and summer favorites of tomatoes, peppers, and cucumbers (scroll up for the full list of what we grow).
$340 for 20 weeks (that's $17/week) starting in early June. Or choose the large share for $550 ($27.50/week). You can see exactly what was in last season's shares here.
Flowers, Cheese, and Eggs:
This season we are partnering with East of Eden Flower Farm to offer mixed bouquets as a optional add on to your share. Details posted soon!
We will continue to offer the popular cheese share option from Winter Hill Farm; $135 for 20 weeks for a broad selection of great cheeses over the course of the season.
Pasture-raised eggs continue to remain a future plan for the farm but they are not available as a CSA option yet.
Want more details or ready to sign up?
The full details about the program with pickup days and times, and easy online sign-up can be found at leftfieldfarm.csasignup.com/members. We accept credit cards or check, and you can pay in two installments if you prefer.
What comes out of Left Field:
Organic vegetables & fruit: arugula, basil, beets, beans, broccoli, cabbage, carrots, cauliflower, collard greens, cucumbers, kale, garlic, leeks, lettuce, onions, summer squash, potatoes, sweet peppers, specialty peppers, heirloom tomatoes, red tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, radishes, spinach, strawberries, sweet potatoes, winter squash
Organic herbs & flowers
Pasture raised eggs & chickens: will be offered in coming seasons
Get farm updates delivered to your inbox: sign up for our newsletter